I always make a point of making New Year’s resolutions. I love New Year’s. I don’t know why but to me it feels like a fresh start with a new year. To me it seems like with the rolling around of the calendar you are given a whole year in which you can do anything, fresh and new. Anything which may have frustrated you or held you back in the year past doesn’t apply any more.
My resolutions are:
– To play with Betty more, as I’m sure she appreciates it
– To improve at roller derby, by doing one thing each day that will help me improve (e.g. 10 squats, 10 sit ups, going to practice, etc)
– To do fewer chores (yes, fewer…) by getting Henry to help out more
– To keep my desk at work tidier
– To only have one tea with sugar in it a day (for the others, I can drink something else or go without sugar)
This may seem like an overload but the more you try, the more you can achieve. So I aim high!
I have to say though, while I think all of the above are worthwhile, none of them really excited me that much. So when my older sister told me that her resolution was to try one new recipe a week, of course I had to do the sisterly thing and steal it for my own. Chuck in a bit of healthy oneup-sister-ship and I decided to dust off the blog and blog my recipes too, with photos and my thoughts on the recipes. This way, I will be more likely to stick to it, I can share the recipes and the results, and I will hopefully discover some tasty things along the way.
So, with new camera and freshly-pilfered resolution in hand, it’s time to get cooking!